Strengths at Cal Poly
CliftonStrengths® began as a pilot program at Cal Poly in Fall 2014. Thousands of students, faculty, and staff have discovered their top five talents and are applying them to succeed in their personal, academic and career goals. Strengths are a priority across campus to help all Cal Poly community members succeed in their personal, academic, and career goals.
Strengths allows students to engage in intentional self-discovery and confidence development, complementing our “Learn by Doing” approach.
Think of the last time you walked into a room and felt ready to face that presentation or test. No sweaty palms, just confidence.
CliftonStrengths® programming prepares students to explore multiple solutions for an ever changing world, with not only the technical and classroom knowledge, but experiences that build confidence, awareness of your unique strengths and exploration in using your strengths to your advantage. Cal Poly students build the tools and knowledge to succeed, and more importantly, the empowerment to be successful.
What does success look like?
How can I take the CliftonStrengths® assessment?
- All incoming first year and transfer students should receive a code to take the CliftonStrengths® assessment. For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are interested in acquiring strengths codes for a student group or organization, please complete the Strengths Training request form or email email@example.com.
Where can I connect with strengths?
- During WOW, all new first year and transfer students will participate in a strengths event.
- Continue to check our Events page for on-going strengths events each quarter – from workshops to large events.
- Many partners across campus are strengths trained and incorporate strengths into their work and the student experience: